Sunday, July 31, 2011

Birds n Such


 Well, as much as I enjoyed Flower Week, I am delighted to offer a couple shots from a few summers ago that I really enjoyed shooting.  I have been fortunate enough to shoot in a coastal marsh rookery in South Carolina a couple times, and I enjoy trying to get detailed shots of the herons, egrets, and other birds.  Their feathers, slender necks, long legs, and bills are just so fascinating and seemingly delicate.  I have ALOT of great shots I took at this same rookery this year, but I am going to start by sharing these two old ones first with a perfect verse for the photo below.  Enjoy!  I hope you enjoy this week's rookery photos as much as I do!!  Stay behind the lens!

Song of Solomon 2:12
The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;

Sharing the mossy marsh

2 comments:

  1. Wow! These are GREAT shots, Allison! You have a good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, the stork in the heaven knoweth her appointed times; and the turtle and the crane and the swallow observe the time of their coming; but my people know not the judgment of the LORD. JEREMIAH 8:7

    ReplyDelete