Monday, July 18, 2011

Into Each Life Some Rain Must Fall


A wonderful summer thunderstorm rolled through late in the afternoon, giving all the plants around the house a nice soaking.  The vinca flowers I planted on the porch had beads and drops of water all over the petals and shiny leaves.  I decided to grab the camera for a couple quick shots.  I might as well confess now that digital SLR technical settings remain a mystery to me, as I taught myself photography on traditional film SLR's....this means most of my compositions are going to rely on the onboard camera sensors as this old dog learns new tricks.  

Stay dry...and stay behind the lens!

Psalm 65:9-10
Thou visitest the earth, and waterest it: thou greatly enrichest it with the river of God, which is full of water: thou preparest them corn, when thou hast so provided for it. Thou waterest the ridges thereof abundantly: thou settlest the furrows thereof: thou makest it soft with showers: thou blessest the springing thereof.




Deuteronomy 32:2 
My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:



**This was my assistant in my post-shower shoot.  Poor kitty must not have found a dry spot in time...but she dried off by hugging my legs while I tried to frame up various shots around the garden.  That made keeping a steady hand a little tricky, but how can you turn down a drenched kitty cuddles?

No comments:

Post a Comment