Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Strange Weather





A second impromptu blog post today?!  That is unusual for me....but even more unusual were the clouds that rolled by my window at quitting time at work.  I started getting calls from friends and family telling me to go outside with my camera.  And when you see these strange clouds that blew by you will see why I had to share another post today!




I really don't think I did these clouds justice, but I tried to get a variety of shots to show the texture and many formations we observed.  My Dad said that a few looked like ribbons of gray marshmallows being swirled around.  Some we thought looked like waves of the ocean. 


 
By C.H. Spurgeon, 1855:

“…the clouds are the dust of his feet.” Nahum 1:3

What great things clouds are to us! There we see them sweeping along the skies! Then they rapidly increase until the whole sky gathers blackness and a dark shadow is cast upon the world; we foresee the coming storm, and we tremble at the mountains of cloud, for they are great. Great things are they? No! they are only the dust of God’s feet! The greatest cloud that ever swept the face of the sky, was but one single particle of dust, stirred up by the feet of the Almighty Jehovah. When clouds roll over clouds and the storm is very dreadful—it is but the chariot of God, as it speeds along the heavens, raising a little dust around him! "The clouds are the dust of his feet." Oh! could you grasp this idea my friends, or had I words in which to put it into your souls, I am sure you would sit down in solemn awe of that great God who is our Father, or who will be our Judge!

Consider, that the greatest things with man, are little things with God. We call the mountains great, but what are they? They are but "the small dust of the balance."
Surfs Up???



Looking out my window now you would have no idea that a brief display of God's amazing creative power drifted past in a matter of minutes....but happily I had a heads up and a camera handy.  So please enjoy these snapshots....and stay tuned as I promise to get back on track tomorrow with my post from my urban assignment weekend!


I fiddled with the contrast on this image to really let you see the clouds textures.  Awesome!

3 comments: