Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Special Post for My Brother-In-Law!



Upon marrying my brother-in-law, my baby sister dubbed him, "The friend of all creatures."  He catches moths and spiders in the house and "releases them back into the wild" as opposed to doing what most of us do...removing our shoe and squishing them.  He sighs when he passes little furry creatures that met with an ill fate on a country road.  (He brakes for animals!)

Apparently my recent posts featuring local park ducks has struck a chord with him. (As you might have seen from his humorous comment on my post Preen and Clean)   A few years back my brother-in-law, who owns adjoining property, got his children a couple pet ducklings to swim around on my Dad's fishing pond.  He cleaned them under the warming lights in his basement and garage until they were old enough to go out on the lake.  He then built them a spacious duck house, and has kept them fed and safe through several harsh winters.  And as he says, "They deserve respect."

Well, as a matter of fact, I do have photos of my neighbor ducks.  So I thought I would make a special, unscheduled post, to show the proper respect to these domestic critters.  (Although I must say they maintain their distance from people for the most part, so my brother-in-law  has not ruined their wild duck instincts!)

Thanks for the subject matter Big J!  You quack me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment